Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: Can I bring my own gear?
- Answer: Of course! We find that people are more comfortable in their own equipment, plus if you are taking an instructional, we want you to be familiarizing yourself with your personal equipment.
- Question: Where can I stay in the area?
- Answer: There are a variety of choices, but the closest town to Appalachian Mountain Guides is Fayetteville, West Virginia. There are options ranging from a campground, to hotels, to cabin rentals.
- Question: What type of clothing and footwear should I bring?
- Answer: Always make sure to bring enough layers! Carry a rain jacket, and enough synthetic layers to keep you warm enough (or a layer to protect from the sun during the summer!) If we are doing any hiking, it is required that you wear closed toed shoes. Pontoon Rock Climbing trips do not do any hiking, but water shoes are recommended!
- Question: What is included when I book a trip or course?
- Answer: When you book a course, exam, or trip you are getting a day of instruction or guiding from one of our professionals. We can supply any necessary personal rock climbing equipment that is needed. We will also supply also the ropes and gear. We will supply life jackets, and the water craft for trips that are at Summersville Lake, like Pontoon Rock Climbing and SUP Board Deep-Water Bouldering. Things that are not included are lunch, transportation, and guide gratuity.